This blog assumes that blind spots of power come with the CEO role no matter how good or true or well-intended you are. You can't afford to have them. So I give reminders of what I have seen in my experience to help you see. Or try to see. Monday morning practical tips will help you sharpen up and see what tweaks you and your blind spot. A little whack on the side of the head with your Monday morning coffee.

Saturday, November 9, 2013

WHAT COST EXCELLENCE??


WHAT COST EXCELLENCE?


I've been wondering about the cost/benefit ratio of  striving for excellence.
I know, I know I know all about the grandeur of human endeavor.
But I see families, sports teams and businesses pushed to a limit that doesn't add much value.  The rivets are ready to pop.

Strive strive strive.
Push push push
Grow grow grow

Take drugs to do it.
Ignore your family to do it.
Ruin your health to do it.
Be unethical to do it.

There seems to be a point of diminishing return here.
Excellence means to be extremely good.
How about just good in every sense of the word?


No comments:

Post a Comment