This blog assumes that blind spots of power come with the CEO role no matter how good or true or well-intended you are. You can't afford to have them. So I give reminders of what I have seen in my experience to help you see. Or try to see. Monday morning practical tips will help you sharpen up and see what tweaks you and your blind spot. A little whack on the side of the head with your Monday morning coffee.

Sunday, December 8, 2013

GETTING IT DONE ADDICTION


I love getting things done
It's one of my great pleasures
I feel freer afterwards, like I've earned a reprieve

Most business leaders share my addiction 
Straining toward results gets locked into the DNA
Pushing tight deadlines is daily business

Here's the tricky part
The constant push pops rivets
There is an art to the pacing of organizational accomplishment 
You are in charge of the "getting things done" environment of your company
Don't disperse that energy by applying it to everything always
Think physics
Gather that energy for what matters most
Constant steady pressure creates a systemic resistance --kind of like results gridlock.  




No comments:

Post a Comment