This blog assumes that blind spots of power come with the CEO role no matter how good or true or well-intended you are. You can't afford to have them. So I give reminders of what I have seen in my experience to help you see. Or try to see. Monday morning practical tips will help you sharpen up and see what tweaks you and your blind spot. A little whack on the side of the head with your Monday morning coffee.

Monday, February 3, 2014

ONE OF YOUR MOST POWERFUL ALLIES IS----



That would be your admin person.
I once gave a key note to 500 admin support people for top executives.
I talked with ten ahead of time and then did an on the spot assessment with the tables.  Think flip charts.

Here's what they said that still pertains.

NUMBER 1.  Say hello to me everyday and good-bye too.

NUMBER 2.  Remember that I am your PR person.  Everyday all of the time
                 I can make you look good or bad with a roll of my eyes.

NUMBER 3.  I see so much from where I sit.  Ask me about it.  Especially if you
                 are planning a change.  Everyone talks to me.

NUMBER 4.  Confidentiality can be hard on me as it is on you.  I can't say 
                 anything to anyone so if we talk it helps.

NUMBER 5.  Keep me tied into the business picture.  It helps me make a 
                 thousand tiny decisions that make your life better.

Number 6.  I am your partner.  Treat me like one.

Keep this power in mind.  Your admin is in a very powerful role.  

No comments:

Post a Comment