This blog assumes that blind spots of power come with the CEO role no matter how good or true or well-intended you are. You can't afford to have them. So I give reminders of what I have seen in my experience to help you see. Or try to see. Monday morning practical tips will help you sharpen up and see what tweaks you and your blind spot. A little whack on the side of the head with your Monday morning coffee.

Monday, June 8, 2015

ARE YOU WILLING TO BE A HEROINE/ HERO AT WORK?



It is the trend to be a humble leader, a servant, a steward. The big ego is out of date. (At least in public) The leadership template is under revision. I'm talking about heroism.  The hero is more than a leader. Are you willing to take the Heroes' Journey for the good of your company?  Do you say 'yes' or 'no' to the following:

I will heed the call. I will discern the true nature of the task I must do. I will say 'yes' to the challenge, the real challenge.  

I will step forward into this task without a clear map or path.  I will find my way taking one true step at a time.

I am willing to face my own demons--the dragons and monsters of my ego and my blindness to my self.

I will be on the look-out for an unexpected guide to help me in tough moments.
I will know I can't  conquer without help.

I will tackle obstacles in my path until I transform the situation and win.

I will bring back the prize, the learning, the reward to others

I will be chivalrous to all keeping my word and my honor intact.

I am willing to be profoundly changed by the challenge I face and to end the journey as a different person

The only answer is "yes" to all of the above if you want the Hero's Journey.  It is not for every leader.

If intrigued, read Joseph Campbell's THE HERO'S JOURNEY for a more detailed description of the path of the hero.



No comments:

Post a Comment